The National Kidney Foundation U.S. Transplant Games is a four-day athletic competition among recipients of organ transplants. Competition in the U.S. Transplant Games is open to anyone who has received a lifesaving solid organ transplant--heart, liver, kidney, lung, and pancreas. Bone marrow recipients are also eligible to participate. As much as the Games is an athletic event that calls attention to the success of organ and tissue transplantation, it is also a celebration of life among recipients, their families and friends.
- To demonstrate to the public the collective and individual successes of the life-restoring therapy of organ transplantation
- To use the mass media to promote the success of organ donation and transplantation and to call attention to the need for organ donation through events and support activity before, during, and after the event
- To contribute to the successful rehabilitation of the nation's transplant patient community
- To involve the entire transplant community--including physicians, allied professionals, patients, donor families and related organizations--in a collaborative effort for the benefit of organ donation
- To provide an opportunity for these goals to be achieved locally by NKF Affiliates and other participating organizations.